One question, two possible answers, the everlasting dilemma. Why is it so hard to choose the one among only two options? Both hosted and custom eCommerce solutions have their pros and cons. And explaining them requires answering some questions. So, let’s first start with asking:
- What is the size of your business?
- What is your budget for investing in the development of your online store?
- How many different products you want to sell in your online store?
- How many people work for your company, to support the online sales process?
- How complex your online store will be, and do you have specific requirements for customized options and features?
- Do you implement an omnichannel approach with different locations and complex inventory?
- How skilled are you, in the means of web design and web programming?
Of course, there can be a lot more questions to prepare you for thinking about your business in a way that will lead you to the right decision, and smart choice of the ideal eCommerce platform.
Let’s now try to answer these questions, and try to suggest the right choice in different situations...