In the face of increased competition for attention on digital channels, companies in the B2B sector can struggle to reach the right decision makers on the right channels to increase their sales funnel. The ability to connect with these decision makers about an important issue, goal or challenge to their business can have a dramatic impact on the success of most any enterprise technology organization.
So what companies should do? To maximize their investment in marketing initiatives, organizations should look for strategies and tools that have the most potential to engage decision makers by proving that they understand what challenges their target industry faces, that they’re a thought leader and have a unique solution that can provide substantial ROI.
Here are seven key marketing strategies that companies can use to transform how they market themselves.
1. Current customers are sales prospects just waiting to be marketed to. Treat every customer like they potentially need a new upsell or cross sell.
2. Video marketing isn’t just for consumers, and just because you’re B2B doesn’t mean you can’t be creative, funny and engaging.
2. Todays buyers are trusting influencers more than ever, so have a strategy to uncover the right ones and partner with them.
3. High value content often isn’t cheap, but in the long run it’s well worth it to cut through the noise.
4. There’s still no substitute for human interaction, so have a live event strategy that integrates with digital to get valuable face time with prospects.
5. To consistently generate revenue and keep all your prospects in the loop, you need to implement a marketing automation tool. Now.
7. Interactive content is the wave of the future. If you haven’t already, get going with some ROI calculators, interactive infographics, or quizzes/assessments.